Academic Eligibility Information for Varsity/JV/Freshman Athletes
- A student must pass at least 5 classes per semester to be eligible the following semester.
- At the end of the 9th grade, a student must have accumulated 5 credits.
- At the end of the 10th grade, a student must have accumulated 11 credits.
- At the end of the 11th grade, a student must have accumulated 17 credits.
- Summer is an extension of spring semester. If a student fails two classes in the spring, then he/she can pass one class in the summer and be eligible, if he/she has the required credits.
DISCLAIMER: The information stated above is a condensed and paraphrased version of the legal academic standards of the GHSA Bylaws. GAA has supplied this information to assist our athletes in understanding the basic academic rules of GHSA. To view the entire legal documentation on GHSA Academic Eligibility, please follow the link below.
Academic Eligibility Information on GHSA Website